I have been asked to speak at a small writer group in London about my first year as a self-published Erotic Romance author…I know…so excited!!! I mean it will be a quick talk because I get super fast when I’m nervous, and also I go so red, I look like I am about to haemorrhage but still…
So what am I going total about…hmm well I did a rough…ahem, very rough list:
Points to cover (very roughly and not necessarily in this order)
* But you’re not a real writer…Self Publishing is vanity publishing…tell that to my bank account.
* Giving it your all…professional help (seeing the ‘would’ for the trees)…be nice.
* You are your Brand – Your covers, blog page, FB and other social media
* Visibility – Why Erotic Romance?
* Advertising and Bloggers…Street Teams and crazy people.
* Something for Nothing…why I gave away 30K plus ebooks?
* Book signings and beyond.
And then the organiser suggested a fun writing competition to write an erotic scene..winner gets a free drink at the bar…oh did I mention it’s being help in a pub?…Well why else did I agree 😉
I think the writing bit should be fun…the sex scenes are always the hardest to write…no pun intended…honest.
I’m hoping I can join the group…they meet every month and in my favourite city, so an excellent excuse for a night out…like I need an excuse 🙂