I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
– I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
– I am performing a contract with you for our services; and
– I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Dee Palmer, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website markjdawson.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you sign-up to:· receive free content, including eBooks, news and offers;||· Email address· First name· Last name|
|When you purchase a book directly from me.||· Name· Email address· Phone number· Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form· Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us)|
|When you complete the media enquiries form||· Name· Email address· Phone number· Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form|
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
Personal Data will only be used when the law allows. Most commonly, your Personal Data may be used to:
– process and manage your use of my website;
– respond to your questions, comments and requests;
– where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
– improve services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I may share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
– see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given to the processing of your Personal Data; and
– express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Us
My details can be obtained via email to email@example.com